Training Next-Generation Scientists
At the College of the Environment, Forestry, and Natural Sciences (CEFNS), we’re training next-generation scientists for exciting careers. With our small classes, dedicated faculty, and innovative research projects, students discover the importance of science and technology in solving the challenges of today’s world.
NAU Giving Day is a great day to invest in the next generation of science innovators! Looking for a way to make an impact? Here are some great options:
- Biological Sciences – general fund & field trips – This flexible fund helps the biology department take advantage of opportunities throughout the academic year, like helping students experience hands-on learning in the field.
- Exercise Science Discretionary Fund – Exercise science is a growing field within biological sciences. Students in this program prepare for careers in areas such as cardiac and pulmonary rehabilitation, physical therapy, occupational therapy, physician’s assistant, or other health care fields. Donating to the exercise science discretionary fund provides flexible funds for faculty, staff, and students.
- Monarch Butterfly Conservation Internship – Support a student studying monarch ecology and habitat and have twice the impact on Giving Day. Former NAU professor Dr. Mike Wagner will match every dollar to the internship up to $2,000 on April 13!
- ASH & AS Craft Brewers Foundation Scholarship – Created with industry partners, this scholarship supports students in the NAU brewing science program. The NAU brewing program equips students with the skills required for careers in brewpub and taproom operations, craft brewery operations, and brewery laboratory and/or quality work.
- Mathematics and Statistics - Mathematics is the most central of the STEM disciplines. These fields are vital areas of study in the modern age, and the Department of Mathematics and Statistics at NAU strengthens STEM education through advanced training and a variety of teaching innovations. This fund provides general support for the Department of Mathematics.
- School of Earth and Sustainability Seminar Fund – Did you know that the School of Earth and Sustainability (SES) offers a seminar series each semester? Support this informative lecture series then join the SES listserv to learn about future seminars on the SES Seminar webpage.
- Nadine Barlow Prize – Honoring beloved professor and researcher Nadine Barlow who passed away in 2020, this fund supports undergraduates doing research in Astronomy and Planetary Science.